This article covers how to configure your navigation to either allow or avoid your routes to go through other countries.
- In Truck Safe Navigation, tap the button. The Welcome dialog displays.
- Tap the Main Menu button. The Go To screen displays.
- Tap the icon. The Route screen displays.
- Tap the Vehicle Routing Profiles option. The Vehicle Routing Profiles screen displays.
- In the Vehicle Routing Profiles screen, choose your truck type.
- After you choose your truck type, you can choose to further configure your vehicle information. To do this, tap the View/Edit button. Additional configuration options for your vehicle display. Please note that depending on the type of vehicle that you choose, the additional options that are available for configuration may vary.
- Enable the International Borders Open option if you would like the navigation to route you through other countries when it makes sense to do so. For example, routing between Buffalo, New York, and Detroit, Michigan, will route through Canada as it is shorter while this option is enabled. If it is not selected, you would be routed south through Ohio around Lake Erie. When the option is enabled, a check mark displays in the box next to the field.