- Tap the Roadside icon. A new screen displays.
- In this screen, tap the Send button. The Would the official like to add a comment screen displays.
- If the roadside official tells you to enter a file comment, enter text into the File Comment field. If you are not told to enter a comment, leave the field blank.
- In the Would the official like to add a comment screen, tap the Next button. The Send Logs screen displays.
- Depending on the type of file you would like to send, choose one of these options:
FMCSA-Approved Transfer Methods
The options below can be used to send your logs to the FMCSA for compliance during roadside audits.
Email CSV: Choosing this option generates a document that looks like a spreadsheet (.csv file) in the format the FMCSA requires for compliance. When you tap this button, a non-human readable file is created and attached to an email that you can send to the FMCSA. Note that this information should be sent to the FMCSA and not the roadside officer.
- Send Via Web Service: Choosing this option generates a document in a web-based format (XML file). When you tap this button, your logs are automatically sent to the FMCSA. You do not need to do anything else to send the information after you tap this button. Note that this is the most common way to send logs.
Unofficial Transfer Methods
The option below can be used to send your logs for informal, personal use. It cannot be used to send your information to the FMCSA for compliance.
- Email PDF: Choosing this option generates a document in an Adobe PDF format (.pdf file).
If you chose to send your information via CSV or PDF, a new email is created using your device's default email app.
- Enter the desired information into the email.
- Send the email. Your logs are sent to the email recipient.