This support article covers how to view and manage your hours of service. You can view how much time you have left for your drive, duty, cycle, and break time categories. It's important to note depending on how your ELD is set up and managed, you may be unable to edit some of your settings and some of your settings may be overwritten by your carrier's settings.
- Tap the My Log option. Your logs for today display, showing how much time you have left in your drive, duty, cycle, and break time categories. You can also view how much time you spent on duty, driving, in sleeper berth, off duty, in personal conveyance, and in a yard move.
Here are more details on each field:
- Drive: This represents the amount of remaining driving time you have available today. This amount resets to 11 hours after 10 consecutive hours off duty.
- Duty: This represents the amount of remaining on duty time you have today. You cannot drive beyond the 14th consecutive hour after coming on duty. Off duty time does not extend the 14-hour period. This amount resets to 14 hours after 10 consecutive hours off duty.
- Cycle: This represents the amount of remaining duty time you have in your weekly cycle. You may not drive after 60/70 hours on duty in 7/8 consecutive days. This amount resets to 60/70 after 34 consecutive hours off duty.
- Break: This represents the amount of time remaining before you must take a 30-minute break. You may only drive if 8 hours or less have passed since the end of your last off-duty or sleeper-berth period of at least 30 minutes.