When the ELD detects motion but no driver is connected to it, the motion is logged as an "unidentified activity" under the Unidentified Profile. All unidentified activity recorded by your ELD in the last 8 days will be stored for law enforcement review. This information cannot be deleted. If you were the driver at the time, you can easily assume this activity as your own and automatically update your log accordingly without any further edits required. You can also reject it if it was not yours. However, rejected unidentified activity will still remain reviewable by law enforcement under the Unidentified Profile during a roadside inspection.
Note: You can only view unidentified activity from the past 15 days in the F-ELD app.
- Tap the More menu option. The More screen displays.
- Tap the Manage Unidentified Activity option. The Unidentified Activity screen displays, showing all of the unidentified activities that have been recorded by your ELD in the last 8 days.
- From the list of unidentified driving activities, choose the activity (or multiple activities) that you would like to reject. When an activity is chosen, a check mark displays next to the activity.
- Tap the Reject button. The Reason for rejection dialog displays, prompting you to enter a comment explaining why this unidentified driving activity should not be included in your daily log.
- In the Reason for rejection dialog, enter a brief text description describing why you rejected the unidentified activity.
- After you enter a comment, tap Reject. The chosen activities are marked as rejected and are not logged in your daily log. These items still remain on the Unidentified Profile in your Unidentified Activity until another driver assumes them as their own or until they are more than 8 days old.