Accessibility services are special features that make using the device easier for those with certain physical disabilities.
Note: You can download additional accessibility applications from the Google Play store.
- From a Home screen, tap Apps|Settings.
- Tap Accessibility for options:
- Voice assistant: Give spoken feedback aloud to assist blind and low-vision users. Voice Assistant can collect all of the text you enter, except passwords, including personal data and credit card numbers. It may also log your user interface interactions with the device.
- Voice assistant help: View help on using Voice Assistant.
- Dark screen: Keep the screen turned off at all times for privacy.
- Rapid key input: Release your finger to enter a selection instead of double tapping.
- Speak passwords: Read the characters aloud as you enter your passwords.
- Text-to-speech: Set your preferred TTS engine and options.
- Accessibility shortcut: Quickly enable accessibility features in two quick steps.
- Font size: Set the font size.
- High contrast fonts: Adjust the color and outline of fonts to increase the contrast with the background.
- High contrast keyboard: Adjust the size of the Samsung keyboard and change its colors to increase the contrast between the keys and the background.
- Show button shapes: Show buttons with shaded backgrounds to make them stand out.
- Magnification gestures: Use exaggerated gestures such as triple-tapping, double pinching, and dragging two fingers across the screen.
- Grayscale: Change all colors to gray.
- Negative colors: Reverse the display of colors from white text on a black background to black text on a white background.
- Color adjustment: Adjust the color of the screen if you are color blind or have difficulty reading the display because of the screen color.
- Turn off all sounds: Turn off all notifications and audio for privacy.
- Hearing aids: Improve the sound quality for use with hearing aids.
- Samsung subtitles (CC): Use Samsung subtitles with multimedia files when available.
- Google subtitles (CC): Use Google subtitles with multimedia files when available.
- Left/right sound balance: Use the slider to set the left and right balance when using a stereo device.
- Mono audio: Switch audio from stereo to mono for use with one earphone.
Dexterity and Interaction
- Universal Switch: Control your device with your customized switches.
- Assistant menu: Improve the device accessibility for users with reduced dexterity.
- Press and hold delay: Select a time interval for this action.
- Interaction control: Block areas of the screen from touch interaction. Disable auto rotate screen and hard key functions. Only show application notifications in the notification panel and the status bar.
- Direction lock: Unlock the screen by swiping in a series of four to eight directions.
- Direct access: Open your accessibility settings by pressing the Home key three times in quick succession.
- Notification reminder: Beep at set intervals to remind you of any unread notifications.
- Answering and ending calls: Select shortcuts for answering and ending calls.
- Single tap mode: Tap to stop/snooze alarms and calendar events.
- Manage accessibility: Export your accessibility settings and share them with another device.
Additional accessibility apps may be downloaded from the Google Play store. Certain accessibility services you install may be configured here.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The content included in this section is produced by Samsung Electronics Limited.