This section helps you to assemble your device.
Install the SIM Card
When you subscribe to a cellular network, you are provided with a plug-in SIM card.
Warning: Please be careful when handling the SIM card to avoid damaging it. Keep all SIM cards out of reach of small children.
- With the tablet's screen facing up, locate and open the SIM card slot cover.
- Carefully slide the SIM card into the SIM card slot (as shown) until it clicks into place.
- Close the SIM card slot cover.
Caution: If the card is not inserted correctly, the device cannot detect the SIM card. Reorient the card back into the slot if the SIM is not detected.
Install an Optional Memory Card
You can install an optional microSD or microSDHC memory card (not included) to add additional memory space to your device.
NOTE: A memory card can be installed at anytime; it is not necessary to install it prior to using the device.
- Open the memory card slot cover and turn to expose the slot.
- With the gold contacts facing down, carefully slide the memory card into the slot, pushing gently until it clicks into place.
- Close the memory card slot cover.
Charge the Battery
Your device is powered by a rechargeable, standard Li-Ion battery. A USB charger (charging head and USB cable) is included with the device for charging the battery from any standard outlet. The battery comes partially charged. A fully discharged battery requires up to four hours of charge time. You can use the device while charging.
NOTE: It is recommended you fully charge the battery before using your device for the first time.
Caution: Use only charging devices and batteries approved by Samsung. Samsung accessories are designed for your device to maximize battery life. Using other accessories may invalidate your warranty and may cause damage.
- Insert the USB cable into the port.
- Connect the USB cable to the charging head, and then plug the charging head into a standard outlet.
- Unplug the charging head from the outlet and remove the USB cable from the device when charging is complete.
When to Charge the Battery
When the battery is low and only a few minutes of operation remain, the device sounds a warning tone at regular intervals. In this condition, your device conserves its remaining battery power by dimming the screen. When the battery level becomes too low, the device automatically turns off.
For a quick check of your battery level:
- View the battery charge indicator located in the top right corner of your device's display. A solid color indicates a full charge.
- You can also choose to display a percentage value. Viewing a percentage value can provide a better idea of the remaining charge on the battery.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The content included in this section is produced by Samsung Electronics Limited.